Laboratory Fiber Spreading System
The system is characterized by an optimized fibre spreading and can be used for the production of dry UD tapes as well as of thermoplastic and, in combination with the fibre film system, thermoset impregnated tapes.
With this system, UD fabrics made of glass, basalt, carbon and aramid fibres can be produced with a defined weight per unit area over the complete working width. The spreading takes place in one to two planes. After spreading, the reinforcing fibres are aligned without gaps and completely stretched. This guarantees that the mechanical properties of the material can be used to an optimum extent so that high strength and stiffness can be achieved.
The high quality textile semi-finished product can be used in light-weight structures e.g. for the automobile industry.
- The weight per unit area of the entire spreaded sliver can be changed by variation of
- division or division tube
- number of single filaments per sliver
- number of bobbins
- The wrap angle of the sliver at the sliver inflow can be changed by pivoting the rotary discs
- Adjustment of the spreading rod position of the moveable spreading rods by means of a threaded spindle; thus, the wrap angle can be adjusted steplessly