ARWeS Automatic Roving Change System
For the use of fiber-plastic composite applications (FRP), the continuous and large-scale production of continuous fiber-reinforced semi-finished products is absolutely necessary.
The ARWeS automatic roving change system allows to carry out material changes while the machine is running at reduced machine speed. This makes it possible to ensure a 24/7 operation of the plants and thus significantly increase the output. The innovative system can be used for all available reinforcement fiber systems (glass, basalt, carbon). The new solution enables fully automatic plant operation and the reproducible connection of the reinforcing fibers with each other.
- Tangential winding creel separated in one working side and one reserve side
- Reserve rovings are inserted manually into the splice chamber
- Speed reduction during change process
- Automated separation and insertion of work rovings into the splice chamber
- Automated splicing
- Change of working and reserve side